Walker Family

Walker Family

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Birthday Ethan!

Ethan turned 9 on April 23.  He was so excited for his birthday that he got up super early.  After a yummy breakfast, he was ready for present opening. 



Isn't he darling?  According to Ethan he "needed" a new bike and a BYU hat.







I'm thinking he liked all of his new treasures.  He came right home from school and did his homework in record time so he could go out and ride his new bike.  I'm happy to report that it's "much faster" than his old bike and "much more awesome" as well. 

Ethan has always enjoyed playing soccer.  This past year though, he has fallen in love with the sport.  Thus the need for a soccer field birthday cake.


After dinner and cake he had a soccer game, so we were off to the soccer fields.  He played well, scoring "only one goal" this game.  It turns out you can score 3+ goals every game.  However, it was still a great day and "one of the best birthdays ever."  

Ethan is growing into such an amazing little man.  I love his quick wit and teasing personality.  He is a typical brother who likes to tease his sisters.  He has a good heart and is always quick to help if someone is in need.  He decided to read The Book of Mormon this year and is already finishing up Alma.  In fact, we spent one night in Park City a few weeks ago and right before we left he was missing.  I found him up in his room reading his scriptures.  He looked at me and said, "Mom, I'm trying to make it a daily habit to read my scriptures so I need to finish reading a few more verses before we go."  What could I say to that?  He is a good example to others around him and is always trying to include those who may feel left out.  I'm pretty much in love with this little guy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment