Walker Family

Walker Family

Monday, October 1, 2012

Wedding Dress Shopping

It's late and I'm exhausted, but I had to hurry and post the funny for today.  We had our family home evening lesson on the temple tonight.  For our activity, we decided to take the family to the Distribution Center where they could each choose a picture of a temple to hang in their rooms.  We got in the car and off we went on what I thought would be a quick and easy outing.  I completely underestimated the process involved in choosing a temple picture if you are between the ages of 6 and 11.

However, that wasn't the funny part.  On the way, Sadie begins discussing her wedding.  Not to worry, she informs me, she fully plans to marry in the temple, she just hasn't chosen which temple yet.  However, she will need a beautiful dress.  This is when she pipes up with, "Mom, can you take me shopping for my wedding dress tonight?"  Seriously?!?  She's six!!!  Never have I met a more "boy crazy" first grader than this one.  And yes, I'm scared for what the future may bring.  Needless to say, we DID NOT go shopping for wedding dresses tonight.  In case you're wondering, there won't be any wedding dress shopping tomorrow either, regardless of what a certain six year old thinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment