Walker Family

Walker Family

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Fall Break 2012

I'm finally getting around to posting how we spent our Fall Break.  I know it has been two weeks, but they have been crazy.  So, don't judge me.  :)

The weather wasn't going to cooperate for doing much outside.  It actually rained most of the weekend.  However, Thursday was beautiful so we headed up Provo Canyon.  I know I've mentioned it before, but I adore Provo Canyon in the fall.  The colors are incredible!  See.





When I was growing up, we would hike to Stewart Falls with my dad.  Somewhere along the way, I forgot how much I loved it.  Last year I remembered and insisted that we all go hike up to the falls together.  I fell in love with the waterfall again and fortunately my family agreed that it was indeed fabulous.  Sadie had a cold so she wasn't the fastest hiker this time, but she stuck with it and talked my ear off the whole time we were bringing up the rear.
Here she is taking one of her MANY breaks.  She told me all about "sap trees".  I call them pine trees, I guess I'm mistaken about their true name though.  At one point, she stumbled on a tree root that was along the trail.  Jared helped her along and said, "Whoa!  Drunk monkey."  I said to her, "What are you drunk on, Sadie."  She stopped and turned around with her little hands on her hips and said, "Mom!  I'm not really drunk, Dad's just making stuff up."  I don't know about you, but I'm really glad she clarified that for me.

Here's a few more pics of my other littles from along the trail.  Aren't they darling.  Quick funny:  Jenna spent FOREVER getting ready to go hiking.  She could not be convinced that she didn't need to spend so much time primping, after all we were hiking.  Halfway down the trail she turned to me and said, "How's my hair, is it messed up?"  I burst out laughing!  Then, she joined me.  We had a good laugh for a minute and then she said, "Okay, seriously now Mom, is my hair good."  "Yes, Jenna, your hair is great."  (How do I do a rolling my eyes face on the computer?)



Abby had me laughing so hard too.  She said, "My legs feel funny mom, do you think this is how my muscles feel?"  "Yes, Abby, when you use your muscles you can feel them."  These girls kept Jared and I in stitches the whole afternoon.  Here we all are at Stewart Falls.



After our fun hike we were off to Park City.  All Seasons Resort offers rooms for military veterans for just the cost of cleaning.  We had surprised the kids and gotten a room for the night.  We ate a yummy dinner at Panda Express and then went straight to the hotel for some relaxing in the hot tub and a movie night with The Avengers.  Also, we were shocked at the awesome room/suite we had.  There was a mud room, three full bathrooms, two bedrooms, a huge family room and a full kitchen.  Ethan and Sadie wanted to move in!  It was a fantastic place, made even better by the incredible deal we got it for.

We slept in the next morning and then went to the outlets for a little bit of shopping.  When I say a little bit, I mean a little bit.  After all, we had Jared and Ethan with us!  (Love you, babe!)  After shopping we went home through Midway.  If you've never been through Midway, Utah...GO!  It is one of the most beautiful places in Provo Canyon.  I love it there.  In my next life I'm going to have a cabin there...really, I am.  We stopped here:
Have you ever been to this cheese factory?  They have the yummiest cheese curds EVER!  They also have delicious fudge and ice cream, just sayin'.  Next time you're in Midway, go eat some.  Your tummy will be so glad you did.  We seriously stop here every time we go near it.

Once we got home, we all curled up in our jammies and had a massive movie marathon.  It was warm and cozy in our house, which was nice because it was cold and rainy outside.  We had such a great time!  I remember looking at all my littles and thinking about how glad I was that we were all there having a fabulous time together.  Someday I will miss all these little munchkins when they aren't around anymore, I want to have lots of memories like this weekend to look back upon.  I am very blessed to have a wonderful little family. 

That night as I lay on my bed reading, Ethan came in and cozied up next to me.  "Thanks for a really fun weekend mom, you're the best."  That, my friends, is what makes it all worth it.


No comments:

Post a Comment