Walker Family

Walker Family

Monday, January 9, 2012

The Daddy Daughter Wedding Dance

I have a really good client at the bank that Jared and I have been friends with for years. His first child, a daughter, got married this past weekend. He came in to the bank today and told me about it. He talked about how incredible it was to be in the temple with his daughter and now son-in-law. Then he told me something interesting. He said, "Tell Jared something for me. The next time he's really upset with one of your girls tell him to think about the daddy daughter dance at her wedding. I thought I had it all together. But, no." Then with tears in his eyes he told me that was an amazing moment, sad and happy all at the same time. It made me think of this picture I had of Jared and Sadie. She had turned three a few weeks earlier and had been spoiled by her grandparents with this beautiful Cinderella dress. Cinderella was her favorite princess then, it still is. She found Jared and asked him if he would dance with her. She needed someone to be the prince and Ethan wouldn't cooperate. Jared agreed thinking this would be a quick thing. Not so. She made him wait while she put the Cinderella dress on. Then, she had him find the spot in the movie when Prince Charming and Cinderella dance. As I recall, she had some specific instructions for him about doing it right. When all that was done, she was finally ready. You can tell by the grin on her face that she thought it was a fantastic dance. I'm not sure her dad enjoyed it as much as her. Jared has always been a good sport about these type of things. I suppose that with all the girls at our house he hasn't had much choice. Someday when this little munchkin is all grown and gone though, I know he will look back at this picture, smile and remember it as a fantastic dance as well.

1 comment:

  1. Gee, thanks for making me cry!!! Love that picture! And I'm not ready to think about weddings! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete