Walker Family

Walker Family

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Ethan's Thanksgiving Scroll

Have I mentioned how much I love my son?  I always tell him he's my favorite son.  A couple of weeks ago his school class made Thanksgiving scrolls.   He brought it home before Thanksgiving but it had taken him a long time to tie the ribbons around it so he didn't want me to open it.


I finally convinced him to let me open it and read it when I promised him we could get the ribbons back on.  This is what he wrote: (I've left the spelling the way he wrote it)

Thanksgiving 2012
When I hear the wooshing of the trees and hear the birds chirping, I see the birds flying south and see my cousins.  When I smell the turkey I know Thanksgiving is here!

When it is Thanksgiving time we celebrate thanks.  I am grateful for a lot of things but I'm only going to share a few.

I have lots of gratitude for my family.  I love when my dad makes fires.  I love my moms cupcakes.  I like when Jenna plays with me.  I like when Abby does art with me.  I love when Sadie plays football with me.  I am blessed to have a wonderful family.  

Food is very important.  It helps me to survive.  My favorite food is orange chicken.  I love when we have orange chicken with rice.   I like when we have sauce with it.  Food give me energy so I can play my sports.  It helps me not to get sick.  It also helps me not to starve.

I'm elated to have clean water.  Clean water helps me not be thirsty.  Clean water is the healthiest drink on the planet.  When I'm really thirsty I drink a lot of water.  Clean water is really important.  

I am happy for education.  Education helps you get a good job and a better life.  Education helps you learn so if your child has homework and they don't get it you can help them.  Why education is important to me is because I really want to learn all the subjects in school.  The reason education is important to me is because I need to learn so it will help me later on.  The favorite thing I've learned in school is cursive.  

When I smell the cinnomon candles burning and see kids jumping in leaves and hear leaves crunching I know Thanksgiving is here!   -by Ethan Walker

I guess you can see why I'm so in love with this darling little guy.  You might say he's my favorite son.  ;)



  

No comments:

Post a Comment