Walker Family

Walker Family

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Happy Birthday Jenna!


Jenna turned 13 yesterday.  How on earth do I have a teenage daughter?  I could swear that I just gave birth to her and brought her home from the hospital.  I know it was just the other day that I was worrying if she was eating enough, breathing in her sleep, sleeping too much or not sleeping enough.  I know that it was yesterday when I took her to her first doctor’s appointment and asked no less than a dozen questions about everything…was she big enough, could she hear, could she see, was she healthy.  I’m sure our poor pediatrician thought I was crazy…I probably was.
It turns out we got her to this point though.  And as much as I may be in denial, she is actually 13.  I don’t feel old enough to have a teenager.  I certainly don’t feel smart enough to have a teenager.  I’m to the point that I don’t rely on the pediatrician for everything anymore.  I’m sure he’s very grateful.  I’m learning that most of the time my Heavenly Father has great advice for me with my cute, little teenager.  It turns out he knows an awful lot.


All that aside, we are very blessed.  Jenna is a fabulous daughter.  She has a strong testimony and she loves the Lord.   This brings me great comfort when I wonder if she (and I) will make it through the next few years.  My uncle told me once that teenagers are only as bad as you make them.  He told me that I could have fun with my teenagers or hate the experience.  I totally plan to have fun!



Jenna, we love you and the beautiful young woman you are becoming.  Always remember that daddy and I love you!  Heavenly Father loves you too!  We will always be there for you.  Thanks for bringing your good heart and love of the gospel into our home.  I love that you were the first little person to make me a mom, almost as much as I love being your mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment