Walker Family

Walker Family

Sunday, August 25, 2013

Our Week In A Nutshell

This week has been so busy with fabulous things!  I can't wait to get all of it down.

Monday I was able to have lunch with some friends and roommates from my college days.  Let's just say that 1997-1998 were some pretty epic years with these awesome ladies.  We haven't seen each other in years, but we had such a great time catching up and chatting at lunch.  We've stayed in touch over the years a little bit, but it's never the same as actually seeing people with your very own eyes.  It was so fun to see everyone.  Liz, I hope we can see you next year!



Tuesday was the first day of school for everyone.  I love the first day of school because it's fun to see all the excitement in the kids.  I hate the first day of school because I'm always sad to see them getting bigger.



Jenna is a 9th grader.


 Abby is a 7th grader.


Ethan is a 4th grader.  And no, I'm not torturing him even though he looks like I am.


Sadie is a 2nd grader.

See what I mean?  They're all getting bigger and I can't do anything about it.  So sad!!!!  I did love this moment with Ethan on the playground on Tuesday morning though.  He ran ahead of us to see his friends and start playing on the playground.  When we caught up to him he was nice and smiled for this cute picture.
He made my day when he jumped down to give me a quick kiss and tell me that he loved me.  Best son ever!!! 

Thursday Jared turned in his final assignment for his Master's degree.  It has taken every night for the past two years of his life and ours.  The kids, and by kids I mean Abby, decided that since he couldn't go to Minnesota for graduation that she would have a graduation ceremony for him at home.  She rounded up an old graduation cap and gown, neither of which fit, and she found Pomp and Circumstance on You Tube and busted out a good old graduation ceremony for him.  It was very adorable and very thoughtful of her.  We are all so proud of his awesome accomplishment.  It has taken a lot of work and focus on his part.  He is an amazing man.  Congratulations, Jared, I love you everyday!
Last, but certainly not least is Sadie's adventure for the week.  Friday afternoon she decided that she was going to be a big girl and do some eyebrow plucking.   She got Jenna's tweezers out and disappeared into the bathroom where she promptly took a huge chunk out of her eyebrow.  Then she returned the tweezers where they belonged.  Ethan saw her and exclaimed, "Sadie!  What happened to your eyebrow?"  To which she said, "Shhh, Ethan!  I don't want mom to know."  Right, because even if I hadn't heard the conversation I would never notice this!
That's right folks, there's a huge bald spot front and center of her eyebrow!!!  I was able to keep a straight face while we talked about staying a little girl for a while longer.  I also suggested that next time she wanted to pretend to be a big girl to come talk to me and I would help her do it in a less painful way.  You see, she admitted that it hurt "really bad", but she thought that was just the price of tweezing.  Nonetheless, Jared and I have had a great laugh over this one. 




No comments:

Post a Comment