Walker Family

Walker Family

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

Thanksgiving was early this year, November 22, to be exact.  Did you know that's the earliest it can ever be?  True story.  One thing I was grateful for this Thanksgiving was the nice weather.  You see, every Thanksgiving morning we play Walker/Sundell Family Football with our dear friends, the Sundells.  We play come rain or shine, so I was glad there was mostly shine this year. 

 Team Sundell

Team Walker

Team Walker was super lucky to have our nephew, Luke, visiting from BYU/Idaho.  Luckily he's a Walker, so he could join our team.  Each year we mix up the teams a little bit, but we always begin with family vs. family.  I'm happy to report that Team Walker won by one touchdown this year!  Lahoo!  (As Sadie would say!)



As you can see, we had a fabulous time.  Sadie was particularly excited to play this year.  She had a great time trying to tackle Curt at every turn.
She also had fun sitting on people that were already down, even if they were on her team!

This year we decided to mix it up with kids vs. adults. 


That was...interesting.  It turns out the Walker girls (not Stacy, mind you) are afraid to catch the ball!!!  This was a major source of frustration for Luke, though he was a good sport the whole time.  When worse comes to worse, you can hand off the ball to the littlest kid and run it and them in.

Disclaimer:  No children were injured in the football game...not too badly anyway.  Sorry about the knee in the head, Brannen!

When all was said and done, we had a great time and we are even still friends.


P.S.  We tried to get Grandpa Walker to join in on game, but he chose to be the cheering section and part-time photographer. 




After football we had worked up quite the appetite, so we were off to Sarah and Dean's house in Riverton for some awesome turkey dinner.  Jared's twin sister, Janelle, wasn't there so I felt obligated to shoot a few pictures.  (Love you, Janelle!)

We ate and ate and did I mention that we ate?   I was so full I thought I would die.  A huge thank you to Sarah and Dean for hosting us and making such a yummy feast for us all to enjoy!

These three had fun making faces for the camera while they laid on the floor trying to recover from eating way too much food.



Later that night, I was forced to go to Target for some awesome deals for Christmas gifts.  When I say forced, I mean this guy made me go.
Okay, to be fair (and honest) Luke didn't make me go.  I was going and he decided to join me.  We met up with my sister Lisa and my sister-in-law, Cher along with two of my friends.  It was cold by evening, I was glad I had my hot cocoa to keep me warm.  We were able to get everything I wanted and still get home by 9:50!!!  Huge success and one happy mama! 

The next day I took all the kids, and my little Luke, up to the new outlets in Lehi.  We had fun checking out all the shops.  My little shopper, Sadie was dying over these earmuffs at the Gymboree Outlet.  She was so excited when her big cousin tried some on too and posed for a picture.  She sure does love him!  I can't blame her, we think he's pretty fabulous too!



What a great weekend we had.  We have much to be thankful for.  Most of all, I'm thankful for this darling little family that is all mine for eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment