Walker Family

Walker Family

Monday, March 12, 2012

Good News!!!

Last week was fabulous!  All four kids have some great news to share:

Jenna:  Tried out for Studio Art at the junior high and was accepted.  This involved her drawing 5 different pictures and interviewing with the art teacher.  I was impressed with her drawings and apparently the teacher was as well because next year she will be in Studio Art.  She's hoping this will give her a good start to her dream of being an interior designer. 

Abby:  After weeks and weeks of piano practicing she had piano festival.  If you aren't familiar with how piano festival works, she plays her two songs in front of a panel of three judges who look at the music to see how correctly she does or does not play it.  She played beautifully and scored 36 out of 40 points.  We celebrated at The Chocolate where she took 10 minutes trying to choose which cupcake she wanted.  You can see that she takes her celebrating seriously. 

Ethan:  Was asked to be the farmer in the second grade play.  In case you're wondering, I'm going to brag for just a minute here and tell you that the farmer is the main part.  He's excited and his expression while he's practicing his lines is priceless.  I sure do love that little guy.

Sadie:  This is a funny one.  About a month ago, I came home from errands to find a completely hysterical and distraught Sadie.  She had just realized that she had her first loose tooth.  Through her tear stained face she said, "I don't want to loose my baby teeth, I like them so much.  And this loose one is my favorite tooth!"  This was followed by another complete breakdown.  I've been through three other children loosing their first tooth, this reaction was completely new for me.  My dad and brother were laughing, Jared was rolling his eyes at the dramatics and I was at a total loss.  She wouldn't eat anything but soup for dinner that night because she didn't want the tooth to fall out.  Keep in mind that this thing was barely moving.  Somebody could have hit her in the face and it still wouldn't have fallen out.  She eventually decided that it was okay and that she could, indeed, allow this baby tooth, her favorite no less, to fall out.  So, tonight after dinner my baby lost her first baby tooth.  Now, she's really excited.  "That cute, tiny fairy will come tonight.  It's so tiny it's smaller than my eye."  I sure love seeing the world through her eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment