Walker Family

Walker Family

Thursday, April 17, 2014

So This Is What Fifteen Looks Like...

Fifteen years ago I became a mother for the first time.  Looking back I still can't believe those crazies at the hospital let us bring her home without any supervision.  I mean, she had Jared and I, but let's be honest, that really wasn't much considering we had NO idea what we were doing.  They told us to wake her up every two hours and feed her.  We set an alarm and got up faithfully that first night.  By the second night, she wouldn't wake up and neither could I.  By the third morning of her sleeping all night long, I took her to the pediatrician.  I was pretty sure she was broken, after all, what newborn sleeps ALL NIGHT LONG???  I remember the moment when I realized I had no idea what I was doing.  The doctor was looking at her and in a most casual voice said, "So, is this your first child?"  That's when it hit me that I really was a lunatic.  It turns out she wasn't broken, she was just a sleepyhead.  I learned that day that newborns can sleep all night long if they want.  Who knew???  And that's what she did.  She slept all night long from the first night, she was by far our best sleeper.  Now, she stays up all hours of the night, who knows, maybe she got her fill when she was a baby.

Anyway, this beautiful girl turned 15 today.  Yep folks, this is what fifteen looks like.

 
 
I can't tell you how much we love this girl.  She is so amazing.  She loves with her whole heart.  She is fiercely loyal to her friends and family.  She loves the gospel, her Heavenly Father and her older brother, Jesus Christ.  She knows what is right and she chooses the right, quietly without any fanfare.  She loves everyone she meets.  She never criticizes anyone, she defends all of Heavenly Father's children.  And, as her mom, I'm not ashamed to say that I think she is beautiful, inside and out.  She has her head on straight and knows what she wants out of life.  I don't doubt for a minute that she'll achieve all her goals because she does whatever she sets her mind to.  We love you Jenna and we couldn't be more proud of the incredible young woman you are becoming.


No comments:

Post a Comment