Walker Family

Walker Family

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Happy Father's Day

It's Father's Day, a day I have always loved.  When I was a child, I loved making cards and gifts for my dad.  I loved cooking dinner for him and spoiling him.  My sister and I would make him breakfast in bed.  I'm sure it lacked in flavor, but he always lovingly and gratefully ate it and complimented our efforts.  He was my whole world and such an amazing example to me in so many ways.  He is still a great man and I recognize even more the incredible influence he had in shaping me into the person I am now.The last few years, since I've been married and had a family of my own, Father's Day has changed for me.  Now, I get to focus my efforts in my husband, the father of our children.  The kids and I like to make a big breakfast and a fancy dinner.  We love to make all of his favorite things and spoil him all day long. 

Jared is an amazing father.  He works hard each day to provide for our family in many ways.  His love for the gospel and his faith in Jesus Christ shines through in his actions and in his love for us.  I so appreciate his ability to connect with our children.  He works hard to make time for them and show them his support for the things they love and are interested in.  He can be found playing ball with Ethan and Abby, dancing or swinging with Sadie, discussing history and current events with Jenna and laughing with all of them.  The kid's eagerness to share their lives with him is a testimony to their knowledge of his love for them. 


He also loves me.  He makes my comfort and happiness his top priority.  If the saying, "The greatest thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother" is true, then Jared absolutely exemplifies this.


Pres. David O. McKay said that no success can compensate for failure in the home.  Jared takes his responsibilities at home seriously.  His actions prove it. He is truly an incredible husband and father.

Happy Father's Day, babe!  We love you everyday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment