Walker Family

Walker Family

Sunday, March 31, 2013

March Madness!

March has flown by so fast that I can't believe it's over.  When I was a child, I remember my parents making comments about how time flew by and I never quite understood what they meant.  Now, I totally get it.  It's crazy how one month can be over in the blink of an eye.

Jared and I have spent the better part of March planning our trip to Spain.  Jared served his mission in Bilbao, Spain and has always wanted to return.  With our 15 year anniversary approaching, it seemed like the perfect time to go.  In a few short weeks we will leave our kiddos for 11 days and have the trip of a lifetime.  I'm very excited and nervous all at the same time.  I've never left my kids for that long, so send lots of prayers our way that my kids will be safe, that we'll be safe and that I won't worry the whole time.  

We have enjoyed a couple of weeks of lovely weather.  It's hard to express how much we love the warmth and sunshine after a long, cold and snowy winter.  The first sign of warmth brought out all the kids bikes.  Sadie refused to learn how to ride hers last year, she wanted nothing to do with it.  She didn't get on it one time the whole summer.  This year I decided she had to learn.  I was so surprised when I put her on the bike and she took off.  The only instruction I gave her was to look up.  FYI..it turns out when you're looking at your feet on the pedals you run into things.  


 Once she saw how easy it was and how fun it was we couldn't get her off the bike.  That hasn't changed since she learned.  Every day she comes home from school the first thing she asks is if she can ride her bike.  One side note, don't judge me because she doesn't have a helmet on in these pictures.  She has one that she wears, apparently I was having a brain cramp that day.


With the arrival of the sunshine, the basketball came out.  The first really nice day Jared walked in the house from work, dropped all of his stuff and went right back out to shoot some hoops with Ethan.  I love that he's out in his work clothes playing with our son.  Their relationship is one that I love observing and being blessed to enjoy.  If Ethan grows up to be as remarkable as his father he will truly be a great man.  (Yes, that's Sadie ducking in the background.  Perhaps riding your bike on the basketball court isn't the best idea.)



Today we finished off March with Easter Sunday.  I always love Easter.


 I love getting the kids all dressed up in their new Easter clothes, it makes me really happy.  I'm grateful for what we celebrate at Easter.  I'm so thankful for Jesus Christ's sacrifice for all of us.  His life, His atonement, His death and His resurrection make everything possible for me and my little family.  How blessed we feel to have this knowledge and to feel His love in our lives daily. 














No comments:

Post a Comment